Employer: Beacon House
Care Home: Beacon House
- Contact Number: 01252615035
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Beacon House is a family owned and run Residential Home situated in Fleet, Hampshire. Well established for promoting health, happiness, and independence to their residents they are highly regarded in the area for their high standards.
We are currently recruiting Care Assistants with the following shifts available:
- Full-time Night Carer (36 hours per week) including weekend shifts (can be alternate weekends)
- Full-time Day Carer with alternate weekend shifts
Their friendly, experienced, and well-trained staff, support independence whilst providing personalised care, tasty meals and stimulating activities and entertainment for residents.
You will need to have:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills. A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- A strong team worker. Reliable and punctual
- Willingness to develop new skills. Commitment to infection prevention and control
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc.) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm, and supportive.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
- To always be alert to residents’ physical and mental wellbeing, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- To always respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur during day-to-day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist, and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant, and always welcoming.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service.
- To provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance to eat and drink
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- To complete associated daily paperwork
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded hard working team of staff and further your career and experience.
To apply send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Syd/Margaret on 01252615035