Deputy Home Manager
Employer: The Wilverley Association
Hours: 40 Hrs Per Week
Salary: £41,000 to £44,00pa
Care Home: Forest Oaks
- Contact Email: email@example.com.
Position: Deputy Home Manager
Hours: 40 hrs per week (will include occasional evening and weekend work, as well as undertaking 24hr, on call duties on a rotation basis)
Salary: £41,000 to £44,000pa
Location: Forest Oaks (Brockenhurst)
We have a rare opportunity of Deputy Home Manager at our welcoming and friendly, 45 bed Nursing and Residential Care Home in the heart of Brockenhurst village.
The Wilverley Association has been operating since 1964 and we are passionate about people whether it’s the residents we support, their relatives or our team members. We want to be able to recruit the best people, so we continue to be the care homes that our residents want to live in, and that our teams want to work in.
We are a charity run organisation which allows us to invest into the business, making it the best it can possibly be.
Working within a supportive team, you will be responsible for assisting with the management of our Care Home. Your role evolves around ensuring the best possible, person-centred care to our elderly residents is provided, whilst ensuring to help maintain their independence, dignity and, above all, control of their own lives.
We are currently rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission and so this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the team and help us in pushing to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ rating – which we truly believe is very achievable with the right management team in place!
If you would be interested to hear more, please get in touch.
- Providing high standards of physical and emotional support and care to our residents
- Work collaboratively with the Home Manager, assisting with the day to day management of the home
- Helping to build and maintain The Wilverley Association brand in the local community
- Build and maintain strong rapport with all stakeholders, from our lovely residents, to their families, our trustees and all in between
- Working alongside HR and the Training Manager in relation to recruitment, onboarding and inductions
- Ensuring there is effective and robust care planning for each individual
- Service development through effective auditing, creating and monitoring of action plans
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of the management ad administering of medicines
- Working collaboratively with all departments and team members across the home
- Helping to ensure and accommodate all training requirements and requests
- Support with residents everyday living tasks but with tailored, people centre approach, dependant on each individuals needs
- Supporting residents to be as active and independent as possible
- Understanding and adhering of all CQC regulations and guidelines
- Reporting and handling any wellbeing/safeguarding concerns
- Ensuring the home is kept clean, tidy and safe
What we are looking for:
- Level 5 Management Qualified is desired but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role is desired but not essential
- A clinical background is desired but not essential
- Valid NMC pin would be beneficial
- Passionate about delivering high levels of care and support to all stakeholders, most importantly our wonderful residents
- Confident in managing a team, whilst also remaining fun and approachable
- Working collaboratively in your approaches
- Caring and compassionate personality
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced in working to deadlines and to budgets
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Paid lunch break, including a free meal provided on duty (hot or cold)
- Free parking
- Ongoing training and development opportunities (both internal and bespoke external training)
For more information and/or a confidential chat, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.