Employer: Wilverley Association
Hours: Varoius Shift Patterns
Care Home: Forest Oaks
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Registered Nurse
Hours: Various shifts available
Salary: £19.04 per hour, plus £1000 joining bonus
Location: Forest Oaks (Brockenhurst)
We are looking for Registered Nurses to provide the best in dedicated care at our wonderful Nursing and Residential Care Home in the heart of Brockenhurst village.
The Wilverley Association is a charity run organisation, which has been operating since 1964. We are passionate about people whether it’s the residents we support, their relatives or our team members. We want to be able to recruit the best people, so we continue to be the care homes that our residents want to live in, and that our teams want to work in.
Working within a supportive team, you will be helping to provide the best possible, person-centred care to our elderly residents to help them feel right at home, whilst ensuring to help maintain their independence, dignity and, above all, control of their own lives.
If you are kind, caring and want to work in a role where you can make a positive difference to peoples lives, we would love to hear from you.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Providing high standards of physical and emotional support and care to our residents, actively listening and responding to their needs/requests
- Assist with the general day to day running of the home, alongside the senior management team
- Supporting residents to be as active and independent as possible
- Provide clinical interventions to include wound management, medication management and end of life care
- Assist our Deputy Manager with the assessment, planning, implementation and monitoring of resident’s care and care plans, in line with both CQC and our homes guidelines
- Competently assess resident’s health and wellbeing on daily basis
- Competently administrate medication in line with the NICE guidelines
- Liasing with GP’s, hospitals and other specialist services
- Communicate effectively with staff, residents and their loved ones and visiting professionals within the limits of competency and confidentiality
- Act as a role model for all staff, and a mentor to the care team, sharing your specialist knowledge, ensuring the highest standards of care
What we are looking for:
- Caring and compassionate personality, with a passion to help others in a safe manner
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven clinical background
- Previous experience working in a care home is desired but not essential
- Competitive salary starting at £19.04 per hour
- Enhanced hourly rates for weekends, bank holidays and additional shifts
- £1000 joining bonus, upon successful completion of your probation period
- Various shifts available (working full time or part time, day or night, from as little as 6hrs per shift)
- If working full time, you work 3 days on, 4 days off (this will consist of 3 x 12hr shifts)
- Every other weekend off work
- 28 days holiday
- Paid lunch break, including a free meal provided on duty (hot or cold)
- Fun activities that staff can support such as Christmas Pantomimes
- Free Uniform
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free parking
- Paid DBS checks, every 3 years
- Career progression pathways
- Continuous training opportunities (both internal and bespoke external training)
For more information and/or a confidential chat, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.