Senior Support Worker
Employer: Downing Care
Hours: 39 Hrs
Salary: £9.30 - £10.15 Per Hour
Care Home: Tall Oaks
- Stacey Joyce
- Contact Number: 01252 378459
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team and provide a person centred, needs led service to adults with a learning disability and or physical disability, supporting them in all aspects of their lives, with personal care, decision making, activities and lifestyle choices and promoting their independence.
The candidate must have a NVQ 3 qualification and a clean driving licence. They will be required to drive the mini bus in order to support the residents with community activities.
Here are the main duties and responsibilities.
- To take responsibility for the day to day supervision of the residents and the staff.
- Ensure good team working through a balance of skill, strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead the shift – ensuring staff deliver person centred practice and meet the individual care plan needs and wishes.
- You will be expected to work early, late and weekend shifts as scheduled on a rota basis. This is a seven day per week, 24 hour service and as such you will be expected to work Bank Holidays and nights if the needs of the service require you to do so.
- To support the Home Manager in ensuring the smooth running, organisation and management of the home.
- Participate in the assessment of changing care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of person centred care and in the setting of care standards.
- To support the Home Manager in ensuring that each resident has an up to date, comprehensive, individualised and structured programme of relevant, age-appropriate in-house and community based activities.
- Carry out 12 weekly one to one supervision meeting with Support Workers and oversee them and make ensure all necessary actions are documented to an acceptable standard through observation and competency assessments.
- Promote good communications between staff, residents and their families or representatives.
- To positively act for and promote the company in line with policy, procedure, employee handbook and position of responsibility.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance with GDPR.
- To adhere to the Essential Standards of Care and to apply key principles to promote good practice throughout the service.
- To work in a professional non discriminatory effective manner at all times.
- Support Service Users to manage their resources and finance.
- Ensure all receipts, change and relevant paperwork are received prior to the end of each shift.
- Support petty cash and personal allowance reconciliation and all transactions are recorded in line with organisational procedure.
- Attend and contribute to reviews and multi-disciplinary meetings.
Tall Oaks, Downing Care – Farnborough, Hampshire
39 hours a week
About the service
Tall Oaks is a highly-specialised care home situated in Farnborough, that looks after young women and men with physical and learning disabilities, as well as having the expertise to look after those with sensory impairment and epilepsy.
Staff at Tall Oaks have shown proven effectiveness in contributing to the quality of life of the residents, whilst maintaining a comfortable and friendly environment.
- Fully paid induction and training
- Workplace pension as per the government regulations
- Free parking
- Meals on duty
Good rates of pay – starting at £9.15 per hour for candidates with no experience rising to £10.30 for candidates with qualifications such as Care Certificate / NVQ2/3.
Stacey Joyce, Downing Care
Contact Phone: 01252 378459
Contact Email: email@example.com